Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holiday Guest Post #4: Oooh, Shinies!

It's Christmas eve here so I just have to share this manicure today. <3 We're having Bregje from Oooh, Shinies! here today. :e Her nails are so perfect and she's master of stamping. I just love her manicures - perfect clean up, perfect stamping, perfect photos. <3


Hey all! Oh my, it's such an honour to be here :) When Ivana asked me I of course instantly thought pink! and cats! and glitters!, but I'm not so in the mood for pink right now with all the pretty Christmas colors around, and my cats aren't in the mood for playing background (they're too busy destroying my Christmas decoration xo ). But a glittery mani would still be perfect!


So here it is, 2 coats of China Glaze Jolly Holly with 1 coat of China Glaze Party Hearty, both are from last year's holiday collection. Party Hearty thickened up a bit, which actually made the application a lot easier! With bigger glitters I often end up with a lot of it on my tips and having to dab them in place, but now that the base was thicker, the glitters automatically spread well. I added 2 coats of top coat, and it looked all shiny and Christmas-y on my nails. But even though I enjoyed it like that, I'm not so used to these kinda sparkly manis and I couldn't capture it well either. So to solve that I added a coat of Essence Matt, and I think it looks great like this!


Here you can see how it looks shiny, which way do you like it best? :)


Have a great holiday season and a fantastic new year all! Ivana I hope you get well soon and that someone can polish your nails for you in the meantime, and thank you so much for having me on your wonderful blog :k


Christmas on your nails Bregje. :L I always loved Party Hearty, it reminds me on christmas tree full of red lights but I never added it to WL, because green isn't my favorite.  Mattified glitters are so special, but both versions are gorgeos! <3

I'm sure you all know Bregje and her lovely blog Oooh, Shinies! but in case you don't, be sure to check her blog and her lovely stamping manicures - she really makes awesome color and pattern combinations. <3 Thank you so much for this lovely post Bregje. :k

What do you think about this lovely manicure? Does it remind you on Christmas? What will you wear on Christmas Eve? Merry Christmas Eve dear readers and folowers and thanks for reading! <3

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

12 Comment(s):

  1. Such a beautiful mani!! Merry Christmas Eve!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks like the manicure I posted yesterday :L. Party Hearty is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is very beautiful!! :L
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bregje it's lovely to see you here :) Mani really screams christmas :L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love both of you guys! And both your blogs rock! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this manicure.Merry Christmassss :)
    My blog is poliship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty, perfect for these days...
    BTW Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so beautiful!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful christmas post!!! such perfect mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What happens when one great blogger does a guest post for another great blogger- AMAZING MANICURE happens :D

    I love this look matted :D wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*